OUR EGGS ARE A CLUCK ABOVE THE REST

Phrase given to us by Steve's Aunt, and Becky's sister Judy

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday morning

The header I have put up today is a picture of a quilted  table runner my good friend and fellow blogger Mary at http://faithfabricandphotos.blogspot.com
    made for me and it represents a dozen beautiful eggs along with 3 chickens on the bottom, and yellow buttons for corn. I absolutely love it, and will be using it for a table runner on my Thanksgiving table this year.
 The girls all went out fairly early and I found them later sitting in the sun soaking up some warmth. All my chickens are free range, but we have them pastured behind a 6 ft. chain link fence because of preditors.
As soon as they see me walk toward them, they all race toward the fence looking for any treats I might have. On these really cold mornings I sometimes cook them up steel cut oatmeal mixed with raisins, apple chunks, a little scratch, and maybe some crushed peanuts. They LOVE it. Of course I wait till it cools a bit, and I don't give it very often, but it's a warm treat on these frigid mornings..

2 comments:

  1. My but you have a soft spot for your girls. I had to pop over and see your chicken blog. I'm sure I've told you already that I think chickens are a hoot. My friend used to have laying hens and they amused us no end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That header shot is huge, but I'm glad you like the runner. Your chickens are so pretty. I like what I can see of that golden colored one to the left of the black one. Pretty feathers on it.

    ReplyDelete